Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Clean up Nepal
Clean up Nepal is a for-purpose, non-governmental organization registered in Nepal in 2014 that envisions communities having access to a solid waste management and water, sanitation, and hygiene system with the associated knowledge and resources that will enable them to live a healthy, disease-free life. It provides an enabling environment by connecting, educating, and empowering local communities and relevant stakeholders through a people-centered, solution-based approach.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer- 1
We are looking for a passionate, proactive, and diligent individual interested and well experienced in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning. MEAL Officer is responsible for all aspects of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning at a strategic and program-wide level. MEAL Officer must meet the following requirements as Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of monitoring evaluation, accountability, and learning experience in national level NGO
- With expertise in databases, MS Office, and other analysis software such as SPSS
- Knowledge and experience of computerized M&E systems is an advantage
- Practical work experience in at least one of the following areas: Capacity building, Accountability and Complaints handling, Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Proficient in report writing and documentation
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Ability to work in a challenging environment
- Ability to work well with people from different backgrounds and cultures
Duties and responsibilities
- To keep monitoring program interventions in the field, prepare monitoring reports in the prescribed format, conduct debriefing sessions with relevant program staff, and develop an agreed-upon action plan.
- To assist in preparing project reports to adhere to a logical framework and design and prepare an organization’s annual report.
- Continuing to monitor, track, and report progress in compliance with Clean up Nepal quality standards and donor criteria.
- Design and implement appropriate monitoring tools and methods, and regularly evaluate externally accessible tools that may be adapted and used by Clean up Nepal.
- Establish, monitor, and strengthen Beneficiary Accountability, which includes staff capacity building on this theme.
- Constantly monitor and provide technical support to projects to assess progress against approved plans.
- Contribute to the formation and delivery of baseline data or other surveys following the project’s concept.
- To establish and manage the Complaint and Feedback Mechanism which facilitate beneficiaries/communities to register complaints and share feedback.
- Maintain a central complaint register and data, and incorporate complaints, feedback, and issues raised into learning for organizational progress.
- To assist in updating databases and data tracking tools for various projects to maintain data quality in gathering reliable and consistent data that fulfill the organization’s and donors’ minimum reporting criteria.
- Any other related duties as requested by the office.
How to apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply for, send a motivation letter mentioning the position applied for and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact numbers and e-mail address to [email protected] no later than, April 6, 2022.
Clean up Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Clean up Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”