- Position: Program Manager
- Seniority: Mid-Level
- Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Reporting to: Executive Director
Clean up Nepal
Clean up Nepal is a for-purpose, Nepal-based, non-governmental organization focusing on improving public health and the environment through systematic improvements of existing solid waste management systems and assisting in the setup of new systems where none exists. Due to limited research and studies on waste management and the multifaceted challenges in the waste sector of Nepal, Clean up Nepal’s approach has been to obtain a complete and accurate understanding of existing waste management systems prior to program design and community solutions.
We are looking for a passionate, proactive, and diligent individual who is interested in leading Clean up Nepal team towards genuinely create a positive change in communities. If you are a dynamic individual who cares about environmental issues and has a knack for engaging and working with municipalities, ward and community members, we are interested in speaking with you.
The Program Manager is responsible for developing project, design process for implementation and the management, supervision and evaluation of all the organization’s programs in accordance with the standards set out by Clean up Nepal board. As a member of the management team, the Program Manager will engage in strategic planning. He/she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist the Executive Director with developing, implementing and evaluating program policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist the Executive Director with monitoring the program budget, board relationships and the funders.
- Update, analyze and monitor Clean up Nepal websites and branding standards.
- Compose/review and draft documents such as presentation, conference, concept note, proposal and report; create, maintain and modify, and ensure the accuracy of the content.
- Track expenditure, monitor day-to-day operation.
- Guide, support and lead staff to ensure quality performance and desired outcomes.
- Ensure adequate and qualified staff, interns or volunteers to carry out the program activities.
- In consultation with the executive director, responsible for the selection, hiring, coaching, and discipline of the program employees, volunteers and interns.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen relationship with granters, supporters and other organizations to strengthen Clean up Nepal programs, fundraising and branding.
- Strategic thinker with experience pushing forward organizational mission and vision while considering and overcoming challenges.
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Degree in Masters Social Work/Environmental Science/Engineering/Public Health or Business Management.
- Strong problem solving and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations management
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Access to a vehicle.
- Bilingual proficiency in written and spoken Nepali and English.
- Preferred three to five years’ experience in a non-profit organization.
- Ability to utilize tools or design systems and processes to track data and monitor
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge, and skills to deliver culturally-competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations
- Understanding of mandatory reporting/compliance requirements for nonprofits
- An interest or background in the environment, especially waste management, desirable but not necessary.
Applications without answers to the application questionnaire will not be accepted. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis. So please do not wait until the last minute to apply.
Clean up Nepal Application Questionnaire:
Please provide thorough and thoughtful yet concise answers.
- What are your top three to five values you hold in a personal and professional level
- Please provide an example of how you are proactive, self-motivated and independent?